Southeast Asian Studies Symposium 2015
“The Year of ASEAN: Integrating Southeast Asia”
in conjunction with the Asian Economic Panel conference
20 – 24 March 2015
at Sunway University, Malaysia
The Southeast Asian Studies Symposium is the world’s largest annual conference on Southeast Asia. It aims to present interdisciplinary and transnational solutions to contemporary Southeast Asian issues; to provide opportunities for dialogue and networking among academic, business, political, and civil society leaders from Europe and Southeast Asia; and to provide a platform for emerging and established scholars to demonstrate their latest research on Southeast Asia.
After three successive years at the University of Oxford, Project Southeast Asia is pleased to bring the 4th annual Southeast Asian Studies Symposium to Sunway University, Kuala Lumpur, in the heart of Southeast Asia. It will be hosted by the Jeffrey Cheah Institute on Southeast Asia. The Asian Economic Panel conference will be held in conjunction with the Symposium.
The Symposium will be the first event held at Sunway University’s New University Building.
- Call for Panels and Papers (The deadline for proposals has passed)
- Registration details (Online registration has closed; a limited number of tickets will be available at the door)
- Keynote Speakers
- List of Panels
- List of Roundtables and Workshops
- List of Documentaries
- List of sessions by theme
- Accommodation & Getting to Sunway
- Tours of the Arkib Negara Malaysia and Forestry Institute of Malaysia (Tickets are still available)
- Events in Conjunction
- Sponsorship & exhibition opportunities