Southeast Asian Studies Symposium 2018
“What is Southeast Asia? Exploring Uniqueness and Diversity”
22–24 March 2018
at Universitas Indonesia
in collaboration with
School of Environmental Science,
Indonesia Environmental Scientists Association
Project Southeast Asia at the University of Oxford, is dedicated to contributing transnational, interdisciplinary solutions to the most important problems facing Southeast Asia today.
This builds on Oxford’s already numerous contributions to Southeast Asia and its unsurpassed track record of excellence in the region, particularly in the field of medicine, where it conducts pioneering research in nearly every Southeast Asian country.
The Southeast Asian Studies Symposium, organised by Project Southeast Asia, University of Oxford, is the world’s largest annual conference on Southeast Asia.
It aims to
- present interdisciplinary and transnational solutions to contemporary Southeast Asian issues;
- engage political, business, academic, civil society, and other leaders of society in collaborative efforts to improve the state of the world. Together with other stakeholders, it works to define challenges, solutions and actions, always in the spirit of global citizenship;
- act as a platform for emerging and established scholars to demonstrate their latest research on Southeast Asia.
The Symposium is an intelligent, research-driven, impartial platform that transforms dialogue into insights, insights into agendas, and agendas into action. The rapid success of the Symposium shows there are few issues that cannot be adequately progressed by convening the most relevant actors from all sectors – business, government and civil society – in a high-level, informed, and informal environment of trust.
In 2018, the 7th annual Southeast Asian Studies Symposium will be held at the Indonesian Medical Education and Research Institute (IMERI), Universitas Indonesia. We warmly invite all with a passion for and interest in Southeast Asia to join us.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call for Panels and Papers
- Looking for panelists to join your panel or looking to join a panel?
- About the venue
28 July 2017: Call for Panels and Papers opens.
15 October 2017: Call for Panels and Papers closes. ALL proposals, including Academic Paper Panels, Roundtables, Workshops, and Individual Papers, must be submitted by the 15 October 2017 deadline.
1 November 2017: Panel organisers notified of selection outcome.
15 November 2017: Registration for the Symposium opens.
15 January 2018: Final details of all sessions are due; Deadline for applications for registration waivers.
15 February 2018: Registration for the Symposium closes.
22-24 March 2018: Southeast Asian Studies Symposium 2018